Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sílaye Pélsírían (or, Tongues Speak)

Would you believe it actually snowed today?

Now, I'm from Vermont, so snow is nothing new to me...but I didn't even know that it COULD snow in North Carolina. Well, with the exception of the mountains. It's always cooler in the mountains, virtue of them being so high up.

But, all that aside, we actually got three inches of snow. In Vermont, that's a dusting. In North Carolina, it's a blizzard. Shuts everything down. Which I'm glad for, because it meant that I didn't have college classes today - always a nice bonus. Still have homework to do, tho' - it's this wonderful thing called the World Wide Web, and it allows teachers to reach out across many miles to deliver homework straight to our houses.

I love the Web and all, but I could do without that.

Still, it is nice to just be sitting here, waiting for the snow to melt - they don't have an infrastructure to deal with snow down here because it snows once a decade down here - and then it'll be off to classes again.

Stinkin' wunnerful.

Well, gotta go. See ya later.

No comments: