Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Win Seven

I definitely did not see this one coming. But boy, am I loving it.

I’m a computer geek, right? Meaning I have Ubuntu, I know most OS’s backwards and forwards, and I can troubleshoot problems with just about anything. So when I saw the Windows 7 Release Candidate, I was curious. I like Vista, mind you – get a machine that has a good processor and plenty of RAM, and it shouldn’t give you any problem. But the Win 7 RC?

(So we’re clear, I’m using Windows Live Writer on my Windows 7 RC to write this blog entry.)

It blows me AWAY how fast this thing is. I installed some programs on my Vista machine earlier this morning, and I installed the same programs on the 7RC this evening. The difference? On Vista – and my machine is no slowpoke – the programs took me thirty minutes to install (all five of ‘em). On the 7RC, it took me less than ten to install those, go the ‘Net, grab OpenOffice, and install that, too. I’m tellin’ you, I’ve just fallen in love. Watch out Mac – Windows 7 is on the loose.

I so know what I want for my birthday. Windows 7 Ultimate. Ya mon.